Our new around Georgia tour will let you explore the most exciting places in Georgia in 12 days. The tour starts and ends in Tbilisi, (the capital and cultural center of Georgia) and covers most regions of the country – Kakhetifamous with wine and Alazany valley – the center of Georgian wine making, Mtskheta – the ancient capital of Georgia with UNESCO listed world heritage sites, carved in the rock ancient city Uplistsikhe, sites around Kutaisi – the capital of western Georgia, Svaneti – often called Green pearl of Caucasus. In Svaneti we will visit village Ushguli – listed in UNESCO world heritage sites, and some other off-the-beaten path places. After Svaneti return to the east Georgia, tour will continue in south path of the country – city Akhaltsikhe, famous for Rabati fortress, region Samtskhe-Javakheti overloaded with medieval architectural monuments.
This Georgia tour is especially popular tour with families and small groups during summer period.
Around Georgia tour highlights
- Tbilisi – the capital of Georgia
- Signagi – Town of love
- Alazani valley – best place for Georgian wine
- Mtskheta – Ancient capital of Georgia UNESCO world heritage monuments.
- Uplistsikhe – carved in the rock ancient city
- Kutaisi Capital of western Georgia. Bagrati cathedral, Gelati monastery – both listed by UNESCO, Prometheus grotto, Okatse canyon.
- Svaneti – the green pearl of Caucasus. Mestia, Ushguli, Shdugra waterfall.
- Borjomi – gorge covered by forests, mineral water source.
- Rabati fortress and Sapara monastery in Akhaltsikhe
- Medieval Vardzia monastery carved in rock.
Day 1. Arrival to Tbilisi international airport. Transfer to the hotel.
Day 2. Tbilisi city tour. Old Tbilisi, Narikala fortress, Sharden street, Maidan, Rustaveli avenue, Metekhi church. Welcome dinner in restaurant.
Day 3. Wine tour in Kakheti. Telavi, capital of Kakheti, Ikalto monastery, Gremi fortress, lunch in traditional winery, continue to Signagi, known as town of love. Wine tasting in Signagi and walk around the city. Return to Tbilisi.
Day 4. Jvari monastery, near Mtskheta, belongs to VI century and is listed by UNESCO as world heritage site, Svetitshkoveli cathedral in Mtskheta, also world heritage site. continue road to the west, next destination will be ancient town Uplitsikhe, which was carved in rock to worship ancient Gods. Arrival to Kutaisi, the capital of western Georgia, visit Gelati monastery – one of the best monuments of medieval Georgian architecture. Check in guesthouse. Dinner.
Day 5. Kutaisi city overview. Walk in Okatse canyon. Long drive to Svaneti – Mestia. Check in Guesthouse. Dinner.
Day 6. Mestia overview. Visit museum where are kept the oldest manuscripts in Georgian language. The oldest one is dated by IX century. Hike to Chalaadi glacier. Dinner in guesthouse.
Day 7. Jeep tour to the highest permanently inhabitant village in Europe – Ushguli. Altitude of village is 2100 m above the sea level. From here in good weather can be seen highest peak of Georgia – Shkhara (5193 m). Return to Mestia. Dinner.
Day 8. Drive to village Becho. hike to Shikhra valley, Shdugra waterfalls. total hiking distance 12 km. By tourist choice horses might be hired for additional cost. Stay in guesthouse in Becho. Dinner.
Day 9. After breakfast departure in direction of Kutaisi. Visit Prometheus grotto. Continue road to Borjomi. Walk in Borjomi park, taste mineral water. Dinner and overnight in guesthouse near Borjomi.
Day 10. Drive to Akhaltsikhe to visit Rabati fortress. visit Sapara monastery hidden in deep forest. Village Saro located on the high hill, with perfect view to Mtkvari gorge and megalith fortress. Arrival to the guesthouse and dinner.
Day 11. After breakfast visit Vardzia carved in the rock medieval monastery complex. Visit Khertvisi fortress on the road. drive to Tbilisi via Javakheti plateau, with beautifull views of Sagamo and Paravani lakes. Return to Tbilisi. Check in hotel.
Day 12. Free time and departure from Tbilisi.
|Price per person in USD||$ 1230||$ 850||$ 785||$ 725||$ 670||$ 635||$ 625||$ 605|
Tour price includes:
- Accommodation 3* hotels in Tbilisi and best available guesthouses in regions.
- Professional guide service
- Transportation with private vehicle during the tour.
- All entrances mentioned in itinerary.
- Meals as per itinerary – Breakfasts in Tbilisi, welcome dinner, lunch in Kakheti, half board meals in Kutaisi, Svaneti and Samtskhe-Javakheti.
- Airport transfers.
Tour price does NOT include:
- International flight to Tbilisi.
- Personal expenses.
- Alcohol is included only in Kakheti.